Valvoline offers two types of heavy duty GL-4 gear oil :
Heavy Duty Gear Oil PRO ( GL-4) is officially OEM approved and designed for use by true professionals to ensure high performance and protection in modern, in-warranty, gear boxes of heavy duty equipment. These modern GL-4 compliant lubricants are formulated with premium base oils and state-of-the-art additive technologies to offer extended protection.
The conventional Heavy Duty Gear Oils, GL-4, are best recommended for use in multi-vehicle/multi-brand operations when heavy duty gear boxes have run out of warranty and no longer require an officially approved (and more expensive) gear oil.*
- Superior protection against wear and tear, also under high stress working conditions
- Modern additives protect against corrosion, oxidation, foaming and deposits
- Excellent viscosity-temperature properties even at very low temperatures. Highly stable viscosity with long-term multigrade advantages
- Smoother lubrication contributes to better fuel economy. Increased oil circulation gives better cooling resulting in fuel savings
- Suitable for hand shifted gearboxes and transaxles of passenger cars, vans, trucks and buses when the manufacturer recommends a GL-4 transmission oil with a viscosity of SAE 75W-90